Hello, my name is Melanie Rodgers and I am Head of Site here at Dean Street.
My career has enabled me to work in many different settings. I have a primary school background and have always been drawn to supporting young people with additional needs.
- Landsdowne Primary School: Kent (Year 1 and 2)
- Grange Primary School: Southwark (Year 3 and ICT Lead)
- Watchetts Junior School: Surrey (Years 4 and 5 RE and PSHE Lead and KS2 Phase leader)
- Armitage Primary School: Manchester (Years 3,4,6 and SENCO)
- Spring Brook School: Oldham (SENCO, Deputy, Acting Head)
- Spring Brook Academy: Oldham (Head of Site)
- University of Leeds BA (Hons) Theatre Design and Technology 2:1
- Birmingham Institute of Art and Design PgDip, MA (Scenography)
- Canterbury Christ Church: PGCE (Primary)
- University of Guildford: PgDip RE
- National College of Leadership: NPQSL
I am passionate about young people achieving success and for them to understand that having additional needs is not a barrier to achieving their full potential in education.
Often when young people arrive here at Spring Brook, they have had a negative experience of education. It is important to me that they have a positive experience here and that they feel a part of our Spring Brook family.
During my time at Spring Brook I feel privileged to have been a part of significant change both in the ethos and vision for the school and in the developing topic based new and exciting curriculum at Key Stage 3.
I am proud to lead this school to be the best provision for SEMH students that it can be.