E-safe Award Primary
Hello everyone! Welcome to our Primary SHARP (School Help and Report Page).
SHARP is a selection of web pages all about e-safety. E-safety means staying safe when using the internet and other technology.
We want you to be able to use different technology in school but to make sure everyone is safe and respected, there are rules for all pupils to follow. These are our E-safety Rules:
The first place to click is on your age range. We have two choices. Which are you?
We also want to support parents as much as possible with e-safety.
At home, there are lots of resources parents and carers may find useful including:
- a wealth of information from the UK Safer Internet Centre including a guide on how to set up parental controls on your home internet here
- lots of good advice from the NSPCC on how to keep children safe online here including their #ShareAware campaign highlighting the dangers of sharing information and images
- the NSPCC have also reviewed a range of social networks, apps and games and produced a guide to the ones children use most here
- a digital parenting guide produced by Vodaphone here
- a guide to the different live streaming apps here
- useful e-Safety advice when buying technology for young people from Childnet here
- a US based website which reviews video games, films and books and gives parents guidance on their suitability for particular age groups here
Furthermore, if you would like to attend one of our parent workshops on e-safety, please contact school to find out when the next workshop is being held.