Sport & Physical Activity
“Coach me and I will learn. Challenge me and I will grow. Believe in me and I will win.”
At Spring Brook Lower we want pupils to love all sport and physical activity.
It is our aim across the Primary phase:
• To enable all pupils to enjoy physical activity, improve their self-esteem and body image and be encouraged to live a healthy, active lifestyle in the future.
• To increase all pupils capacity of resilience, independence and responsibility in dealing with success or failure in varying situations.
• To improve all pupils social skills, positive communication and teamwork abilities in preparation for co-operation and the future workplace.
• To develop all pupils leadership skills and confidence to make appropriate decisions and be able to solve problems.
• To improve physical fitness and co-ordination.
Lessons are planned to include age appropriate content but taught at the child’s individual level so that they can access new knowledge, build on prior learning and continue to develop their physical literacy in each topic.
Children should leave SBL with:
• A love of sport and physical activity
• Positive experiences of competition
• Some experience of leadership
• Increased resilience, self-esteem and self confidence
• An understanding that everybody is different – both physically and mentally
Our Assessment Tool is Dashboard, which breaks down learning into small, accessible and achievable steps.
You can find out more about our Assessment Tools here: